University Of Bolton
Choosing which University to go to in the UK is not an easy decision and should not be rushed. Every University in the UK is different and will have various appeals. We have a range of programmes to suit different student needs and interests; you can improve your English with one of our Pre-Sessional English programmes, or our International Foundation Programmes which start in January each year.
We have Foundation Programmes, Bachelor’s, Pre-Masters Semesters, Master’s and MPhil/PhD courses. The main intakes for Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes are January and September. Here at Bolton, we have something to benefit every type of student, below are the reasons that make the University of Bolton an excellent place for you to study.
- Faculty of Engineering & Creative Tech
- Health & Wellbeing
- Professional Studies
- Bolton School of Arts
- School of Creative technology
- Education & Psychology
- School of Engineering
- School of Law
- The University of Bolton has been named in the Top 50 best UK universities in the 2021 Guardian league tables.
- The University ranked 50th out of 121 HE institutions in the UK, leaping 36 places from last year’s position of 86 in the national newspaper’s annual University Guide.
- To assist future international students, we are proud to announce a number of new International Excellence Scholarships available to full-time self-paying students* joining bachelors, taught masters and research master’s study (for January or September 2022).
- The maximum level scholarship extends to £5,000 for the duration of 3-year bachelors’ study and £3,000 for 1 year/18 months masters/PhD study. As a sign of our continued commitment to a globally inclusive campus, all full-time self-paying international students will be eligible to be considered for the Bronze scholarship.
- The level of the International Excellence Scholarships is broken down into three bands (Gold, Silver and Bronze) based on the academic ability of the applicant.
- *Sponsored students will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- *The scholarship entitlement for year 2 and year 3 will be subject to passing all modules in the preceding year
- Band Criteria:
- Gold – Students with a top quartile (25%) mark in their entry qualification
- Silver – Students with a top half (50%) mark in their entry qualification
- Bronze – Most international students will be eligible*
With a student body of around 6,000 full-time students, you will get the best of all worlds at Bolton, learning at a compact, modern and friendly University where no one feels anonymous, in a thriving town close to the big metropolitan and vibrant cities of Manchester and Liverpool. Our main campus is only a 10-minute walk from Bolton town centre.
Our Impact in Numbers
The World Ranking